Friday, May 23, 2014

Fairy tales come true!

Wow! It has been a busy few weeks. You may have noticed my absence from the blogosphere. Moving house has taken up much of my time and I am heartily sick of boxes by now! I can't wait to pack the last empty one into the recycling pile. 

Life has not been all about moving. I have also been teaching. The Canadian Embroiderer's Association held their annual conference in Ottawa and I was invited to teach there. I had a fun time with my great group of students!  It was like a holiday in the midst of all that's been going on lately. To dip back into my wools and show people the joys of needle felting. 

The class was called Fairy Tale Felt Folks. We had two days to get all the wonderful characters to emerge and progress to being finished. I'm happy to report that nearly all of the pieces were finished. That left everyone with a good sense of accomplishment. Me too! It didn't take long before the students opted to stay in the classroom over break times and keep working. I love it when people get keen right away!

So here are the results. My own character was Puck, but while he made a great demo piece, he has yet to be finished!
We had a couple of Puss In Boots, and Crooked Men, some mythical figures and loads of imagination!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments.